When part of the Chalet School fails to escape from Guernsey on time, members of the French Resistance help them to disguise the fact that it is a British School. But of course there is a price to be paid, by way of hiding British airmen, working in Cafe Rene and getting involved in ridiculous plots to hide Van Klomp's painting...
Categories: St Clare's House Characters: Hilda Annersley, Jem Russell, Jo (Bettany) Maynard, Madge (Bettany) Russell, Robin Humphries
School Period: Guernsey
School Name: Chalet School
Genre: Alternate Universe, Crossover, Humour, War
Series: Allo Allo, This is Night Auk Calling
Chapters: 22 Completed: Yes
Word count: 26311 Read: 42201
Published: 01 Dec 2011 Updated: 15 Jan 2012
With apologies to any readers from Guernsey - this isn't intended to trivialise the occupation! It seemed a more likely scenario that the school didn't get out of Guernsey in time than that it was based in Nouvion and the Austria years didn't happen.
How it all began...
Thanks for the reviews! The scene now moves to Cafe Rene.....
The Germans visit the Chalet School. Over at Cafe Rene, Robin's education is being advanced, though not in ways her guardians would approve of.
4. Chapter 4 - 6th Form Rebellion by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 3] (1384 words)
The war is having its effect at the school..........
Thanks for all the reviews - glad you're enjoying the story!
Health warning: Please park your illusions about the Chalet School and its pupils/staff here or alternatively don't read on!
5. Chapter 5 - No More Engelkind by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 2] (1487 words)
Robin comes out of her shell, much to Rene's dismay. And at the Chalet School, some of the girls are looking forward to resuming lessons.
7. Chapter 7 - A Need To Know Basis by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 2] (1086 words)
Many thanks for the reviews - glad you're enjoying the story!
Robin finds the complications multiplying as she tries to get the paintings safely hidden away.
8. Chapter 8 - The Sixth Form Revolt by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 5] (1435 words)
Matey is absent, the Sixth Form are out of control and the Middles are well-behaved. Can this really be the Chalet School?
11. Chapter 11 - Matey and the Rescue by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 1] (964 words)
It's time for Matey to be transferred to a new prison and for the Resistance to rescue her. But as with everything in CS-land and the world of Cafe Rene, it's not straightforward.
12. Chapter 12 - It's Christmas Day in the Schoolhouse by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 2] (1206 words)
Despite Matey being a captive of the Germans, Christmas festivities still have to proceed.......
15. Chapter 15 - New Year's Eve by Dizzy Miss Lizzie [Reviews - 1] (1113 words)
Thank you so much for all the reviews!
Robin finally corners Matey on the whereabouts of the painting. But she doesn't like what she hears....